Parents, do you know what your child is doing online? Here’s how to keep them safe.
Abu Dhabi Police (ADP) say it’s the responsibility of parents to keep their children safe while they are on the Internet, including on social media sites.
Abu Dhabi Police (ADP) is quick to point out that the Internet is an excellent tool to help students access their distance learning classes during the pandemic.
The capital’s police force has also recommended number of guidelines that you can share with your children:
- Remind your child to protect their privacy and warn them against posting any information or photos that could be misused by others online.
- Ask them not to save any important files on smart devices that could easily be hacked.
- Make sure they know not to open any suspicious links.
- As a parent, help them to Install e-protection and anti-virus programmes.
- Let them know the importance of not sharing passwords with anyone, even their friends.
The police also provide an Aman Service, which is a security line that receives security, community and traffic reports in Arabic, English and Urdu, and operates 24 hours a day.
If you’re facing any crimes or are suspicious of crimes, then call the free hotline: 8002626 (AMAN2626), or text the number: 2828 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Always play safe!